Ecoscenario Project - Science
Each of our ten science groups will research one of these featured national parks or sanctuaries.
Students will take notes on four components of each ecosystem: Environment, Organisms, Abiotic Factors, and Human Impacts.
Most of the work will be completed in class. Students are free to do additional research to augment their learning and grow their understanding.
Students will use the classroom textbook and web links we've provided below.
Once their research is complete they will work together to create a poster that graphically represents their ecosystem along with accompanying labels to provide basic information to their viewers.
Ecoscenarios Map, Lawrence Hall of Science. Populations and Ecosystems; Images, Data, and Readings . Berkeley:, Delta Education, 2004, pg. 30
Here are links to each of the ecoscenarios students will be researching:
Click here for the Foss Web Site (it's more user friendly)
login: mac3 password: 5th6th
- Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, Alaska
- Cimarron National Grassland, Kansas
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, New Jersey & Pennsylvania
- El Yunque Caribbean National Forest, Puerto Rico
- Everglades National Park, Florida
- Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, Florida
- Monongahela National Forest, West Virginia
- Monterrey Bay National Marine Sanctuary, California
- Saguaro National Park, Arizona
- Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming